The Administrative Assistant of Chorus Austin assists the Executive Director in the day-to-day operation of the Chorus. This position also works with others under the Executive Director’s purview. The Administrative Assistant shall receive an annual written performance appraisal. Some evenings will be required.
The Administrative Assistant shall have equivalent combination of education and experience to efficiently manage the responsibilities as outlined and shall have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of choral music and choral performances
- Knowledge of non-profit operations
- Skill using the computer
- Skill in using word-processing, spreadsheets, Quick Books (online preferred), and other data base computer programs
- Mathematical skills sufficient to understand budgets, reports, balance sheets and contracts.
- Ability to show self-direction and self-motivation
- Ability to interpret instructions/directions in written or oral form
- Ability to handle details
- Ability to supervise staff volunteers
- Ability to solve operational problems and unexpected situations
Administrative Assistants responsibilities may be delegated to volunteers. However, the ultimate responsibility remains with the Administrative Assistant to assure accurate and timely completion of all tasks. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Fund Development director
- Assist Director of Marketing with ticket subscriptions, implementation of marketing plan.
- Assist Director of Marketing procuring information and producing materials for concert and promotional materials and providing to the persons responsible for social media and website.
- Assist Board Treasurer/accountant with data entry and AP/AR processing
- Assist Executive Director with chorus management duties such as chorus singer data management, music ordering, obtaining recording mechanical rights and paying royalties.
- Perform the duties of Recording Secretary at all board meetings
- Run Front of house operations for all concerts.
Anticipated weekly minimum time requirement: 20 hours.
Monthly pay after trial period: $1,000.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org